[OPLINLIST] Thank you & farewell!

Charlotte Cunningham cunninch at huroncolib.org
Wed Nov 22 10:08:29 EST 2023

Best wishes, Anne! ~Charlotte

On Wed, Nov 22, 2023 at 9:58 AM Anne Lowery via OPLINLIST <
oplinlist at lists.oplin.org> wrote:

> Just a quick note to thank my many colleagues and friends in the Ohio
> library world for all of the passion and support you
> have shown for our libraries over the past 23 years. I am officially
> retired as of next Thursday after 37 years of public service.
>   Lindsey Byron will be taking over here at New London and I know she
> will also enjoy the great support, professionalism and knowledge of all
> of you.
> Thanks especially to the SEO & OPLIN Teams for making all of us look
> brilliant.
>

> As I begin the next chapter of my journey, I will close with the hope
> that our profession remembers our love of books, reading, information and
> culture and stays clear of the political noise that is tearing this
> country apart.  We do not exist to become social workers - there are
> lots of agencies
> that have that mission and expertise. We are here to feed the mind;
> especially of the next generation of readers. Please keep that as your
> focus.
> God Bless and thank you for everything you do for our libraries!
>
> Anne
>
> --
> Anne Lowery, MLIS
> Director
> New London Public Library
> 67 South Main St.
> New London, OH  44951
> 419-929-3981 - phone
> 419-929-0007 - fax
> www.newlondonpubliclibrary.org

Charlotte Cunningham
Youth Services Manager
Huron County Community Library
6 West Emerald Street
Willard, OH 44890
419-933-8564
Fax 419-933-4783
cunninch at huroncolib.org

This message and any response to it may constitute a public record and thus
may be publicly available to anyone who requests it.