[OPLINLIST] Programs with costs

Morgan Paul mpaul at seolibraries.org
Wed Sep 6 11:55:46 EDT 2023

Good Morning,

We have truly expanded our programming after COVID.   We certainly have our
flops, but we also have our successes.  One of our successes is a monthly
sewing class. Attendees love learning new things in that class. Staff run
the sewing programs.  We haven't had to have a cost recovery for these
programs due to donations and grant funding.

Although we supply everything for summer reading and programs that we
provide internally, we do use grants and donations to provide the supplies.

We charge for 3D printing, we charge for lamination, and cost recovery for
Cricut supplies.  We have had a few classes that outside speakers have
charged for materials.

We have a program coming up where we are charging 35.00 for materials. This
is a tatting class and the students will work on a collar in this class. The
students will take everything home.

This is concerning to some. (the cost)

Does your library offer any programs where there is a fee?

Do you have a limit on how high the fee is?

Do you have any policies on charging a fee?

Thanks for any help!

Morgan

Morgan Paul, Director

St Marys Community Public Library