[OPLINLIST] Author Visit Communication

Susan Titkemeier stitkemeier at marionlibrary.org
Thu Feb 1 12:11:48 EST 2024

Hello Everyone,

We here at the Marion Public Library are working on increasing the number of authors we bring in each year for both free events and our Friends fundraising efforts, and we've been loving seeing other libraries in Ohio doing the same! Seeing as Marion is within a one to two hour drive time from many other libraries, we have been taking a look at other libraries' publicized visits for 2024 and trying to prevent our author visits from clashing or being too close to your library's events. However, finding out what library is attempting to bring in which author can be challenging. We are wondering: is there a method already established for libraries to communicate about the authors we are hoping to bring in and the date/time of the proposed event? Something like a calendar just for libraries (not public) to post authors we have put out offers to, or maybe a separate email listserv to communicate and coordinate efforts?

Ultimately, we want to be able to support your library's author events as well as our own, and not detract from anyone's potential audience.

Thank you in advance!

Susan Titkemeier
Marion Public Library | Information Services Manager
445 E Church St, Marion, OH 43302
Ph 740.387.0992 | Direct 740.383.9734
stitkemeier at marionlibrary.org<mailto:stitkemeier at marionlibrary.org>
MarionLibrary.org<https://marionlibrary.org/>