[OPLINLIST] Library Associate - Middletown Ohio

Terri Manney tmanney at midpointelibrary.org
Fri Jan 12 10:27:47 EST 2024

MidPointe Library - Library Associate – 2 Part Time Jobs: 24 hours/week – Middletown Ohio

Our mission is to enrich our community through access & experiences. We do that by connecting a diverse & curious community to our library services & we strive to provide a positive learning experience in our busy office-type setting. To thrive in this environment, you’ll need prior customer service experience,

 but you don’t need library experience, we can teach you!

As a library associate, you’ll give patrons help at both customer service desks. You’ll provide excellent & friendly customer service by giving computer & technology help, finding library materials & answering questions. You’ll also use the automated conveyor belt check in system, process holds & reserves; sort; shelve; pull holds; use lists to pull materials & assist with various tasks & projects.

MidPointe is located on the east side of Butler County, Ohio in a vibrant, dynamic, diverse community that enjoys community support. Nestled between Cincinnati and Dayton, the county has a wide variety of schools, entertainment, dining experiences, sports, and cultural events. We have something for everyone!

To Be Successful, you will need to:

  *   Have a high school diploma or equivalent.
  *   Must be friendly, approachable & provide a positive library experience to our diverse patrons.
  *   Must have excellent customer service, a strong service ethic, excellent problem-solving skills, adapt rapidly to change & thrive in a busy environment.
  *   Must have computer experience that includes MS Office, the Internet & ideally the library catalog & research databases.
  *   Have a good knowledge of literature that appeals to children, teens & adults.
  *   Must be able to operate equipment such as copiers, computers, printers & scanners.
  *   Must be able to effectively speak, listen, read (including cursive) & understand English.
  *   Must be able to effectively problem solve, be adaptable, handle confidential information & manage frequent interruptions.
  *   Must efficiently and accurately comprehend, follow, & implement library policies & procedures.
  *   Regular & predictable physical attendance is required.

Hours:

24 hours per week with varying hours, evenings & weekends required. Sample schedules are:

Job 1:

Week 1: Mon 10-4, Wed 1-7, Thurs 11-5, Fri 8-2.

Week 2: Mon 10-4, Wed 1-7, Thurs 11-5, Sat. 11-5.

Job 2:

Week 1: Sun 12-5, Mon 1:30-8, Tues 10:30-5, Fri 10-4.

Week 2: Mon 2-8, Tues 11-5, Fri 10-4, Sat 10-4.

Rate of Pay:

The pay range is $13.35 - $19.57 per hour; the pay rate depends on job factors such as experience and skills.

Benefits:

Our part-time benefits include state retirement plan (OPERS); direct deposit; vacation & sick accrual; eligible for dental & vision insurance; paid holiday’s; education assistance; granted paid time off for Covid sickness usage, employee assistance plan & more.

Physical Requirements:

-Must have the ability to move book crates that could weigh up to 75 pounds when full & move book carts that could weigh up to 200 pounds when full.

-Must be able to work in areas in areas that may contain cleaning odors, dust, and other possible allergens.

-Must have manual dexterity sufficient to operate library equipment including the conveyor belt check-in system.

Apply:

Complete a required MidPointe Library System employment application found at: https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/6138957.jobs?ShowAllOpenings

Inquiries:

The full job description for these openings is on our website at: https://www.midpointelibrary.org/page/jobs.

Please, only call the library if you need assistance in completing the required online application.

Terri Manney
Human Resources Assistant
MidPointe Library System
125 S Broad St