[OPLINLIST] Shelver - Middletown Ohio

Terri Manney tmanney at midpointelibrary.org
Fri Jan 12 11:36:52 EST 2024

MidPointe Library – Shelver – Part Time – Middletown, Ohio

You don't need library experience to become part of our shelver team, we can teach you!

At MidPointe, our mission is to enrich our community through access and experiences. We do that by connecting a curious community to our services & strive to provide a positive learning experience.

As a shelver, working 16 hours per week, you'll provide excellent customer service to our patrons by accurately and efficiently shelving library materials back onto the shelves, making sure you shelve numerically or alphabetically in the proper order; shift items when necessary; answer directional questions; and using lists, pull books from the shelves for holds & discards. You'll also empty and sort book drop materials evaluating the condition of returned the items and use the conveyor belt machinery to check items in and place them on the appropriate cart for shelving.

MidPointe is located on the east side of Butler County, Ohio in a vibrant, dynamic, diverse community that enjoys community support. Nestled between Cincinnati and Dayton, the area has a wide variety of schools, entertainment, dining experiences, sports, and cultural events. We have something for everyone!

TO BE SUCCESSFUL YOU WILL NEED TO:

  *   Be at least 16 years of age.
  *   Have prior computer/printer experience.
  *   Be able to file numerically & alphabetically.
  *   Have attention to detail, be accurate, organized, able to prioritize, multi-task & have good time management skills.
  *   Have a strong service ethic, adapt rapidly to change & thrive in a diverse family friendly environment.
  *   Be able to independently (and with others), quickly & favorably respond to new or changed responsibilities and/or situations & be able to prioritize.
  *   Must be able to learn & carry out the responsibilities of the position.
  *   Be able to effectively read (including cursive), write, speak & understand English.
  *   Regular & predictable physical attendance is required.

RATE OF PAY:

The pay range is $10.45-$14.58. The pay rate depends on job factors such as experience and job skills.

HOURS:

16 hours per week with a varying schedule.

A sample schedule could be:

Mon 12-4, Tues 3-7, Thurs 3-7, Fri 12-4.

BENEFITS:

Part-time benefits include state retirement plan; direct deposit; accrued vacation & sick time; paid holiday's; granted Emergency Paid Sick Leave for Covid sickness usage; employee assistance plan, and more.

PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:

-Must have the ability to reach, move book crates that could weigh up to 75 pounds when full, and move book carts that could weigh up to 200 pounds when full.

-Must be able to work in areas that may contain cleaning odors, dust or other possible allergens.

-Must possess sufficient manual dexterity sufficient to operate library equipment including the conveyor belt check-in system.

APPLY:

Complete a required MidPointe Library System employment application found at: https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/6138957.jobs?ShowAllOpenings.

INQUIRIES:

The full job description for this opening is available on our website at: https://www.midpointelibrary.org/page/jobs<https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/6138957.jobs?ShowAllOpenings>,

Please, only call the library if you need assistance in completing the required online application.

Terri Manney
Human Resources Assistant
MidPointe Library System
125 S Broad St