[OPLINLIST] OPLIN DMARC report analyzer

Jessica Dooley jessica at oplin.ohio.gov
Mon Jan 29 15:36:31 EST 2024

A reminder that starting this week, Google and Yahoo will enforce best
practices for email sent to Gmail and Yahoo recipients. Google has
published detailed guidance <https://support.google.com/mail/answer/81126>
for ensuring your library's email is delivered to Gmail inboxes
successfully.

Configuring DMARC for your mail domain, even with a policy of "none," gives
you visibility into how recipient mailservers handle your mail by providing
you with DMARC deliverability reports. Reviewing DMARC reports can help
find misconfigurations of your SPF and DKIM records, among other issues.

OPLIN is hosting an instance of parsedmarc
<https://github.com/domainaware/parsedmarc> to help you manage your DMARC
reports without a subscription product. Parsedmarc summarizes DMARC reports
for easy review in a Kibana dashboard and weekly CSV summaries. To add an
account for your library, please email support at oplin.ohio.gov.

Please drop me a note if I can answer any questions. Have a good week,

Jessica D. Dooley (she/her)
Technology Project Manager
Ohio Public Library Information Network
jessica at oplin.ohio.gov