[OPLINLIST] Columbus Metropolitan Library - Join Our Team!

Deborah Plummer dplummer at columbuslibrary.org
Mon Jul 1 10:52:48 EDT 2024

[cid:image001.png at 01DACBA4.CEA47390]

WE’RE HIRING!

Job Title: Community Support Leader

Location: Columbus Metropolitan Library, Northern Lights Branch

Salary Range: $47,652.80 – $77,272.00 (commensurate with experience)

Our Diversity Statement
Open to all doesn’t just apply to our customers, it applies to our hiring practices as well. We put respect at the top of our values and that’s how we treat our candidates and employees. At Columbus Metropolitan Library, we are striving to build a workforce that is as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the Position:
As a Community Support Leader, you are responsible for promoting the library and its services through community outreach, relationship building and information sharing with community partners. You will serve as a member of the branch leadership team, leading and supervising library staff to guide and support Columbus Metropolitan Library’s Life Skills Strategy at this location.
The Life Skills strategy focuses on helping customers:

  *   Navigate and access resources and services
  *   Build skill in the areas of workforce development, adult education, digital equity, and general social/human service
What You’ll Do:

  *   Leads staff in completing essential duties of library operations and customer service.
  *   Sets individual performance measurements for staff and holds them accountable as assigned. Responsibilities include coaching, managing, hiring, orienting, and evaluating assigned team.
  *   Trains staff to perform job duties and tasks including applying and interpreting policies, procedures, and service expectations.
  *   Assumes responsibility for the operation of the location in the absence of a manager and functions as a member of the location’s management team.
  *   Supports the development, coordination, implementation, and promotion of Life Skills/Social Services programs at the location in areas such as adult education, health care, food insecurity, job training, digital skills, financial support, and subsidized housing.
  *   Understands and applies a detailed approach to programming/training for customers and staff on the use of community resources. Supports training efforts from outside partners in the library location.
  *   Promotes the library and its services through community outreach, relationship building and information sharing with community partners. Leverages knowledge and relationships to bring relevant programs and services to library customers.
  *   May participate and present at local, state, and national conferences.
  *   Maintains local databases, spreadsheets, or other tools to use in referring customers to community/social services.
  *   Performs additional duties as assigned including serving on task forces, committees, etc.
Position Schedule

  *   Monday - Thursday 9:00am - 6:00pm (1 closing shift each week until 8:00pm)
  *   Friday/Saturday rotation 9:00am - 6:00pm
  *   1 out of 5 Sundays 12:30pm - 5:00pm
Note: Flexibility may be required outside of the normal working schedule for outreach events, adult programming and for coverage during peak hours.
Minimum Qualifications:

  *   Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Human Services, Social Work or similar area of study required.
  *   Supervisory experience preferred.
  *   Ability to use appropriate judgment in handling information and records.
  *   Ability to work independently with limited direction.
  *   Acts with the customer in mind using information gained from interacting with the customers. Meets the expectations and requirements of external and internal customers.
  *   Ability to effectively present in a variety of formal settings - one on one, group, peers, direct reports, etc. Command attention and manage group process.
  *   Ability to operate library technology including personal computer, email, software programs (i.e. Windows/Microsoft Office) and other job-related equipment and systems.
  *   Ability to utilize reliable transportation to promptly report to job assignment and other locations, per job requirements.
What We Offer:

  *   A robust benefits package that supports your physical, mental, and financial well-being.

  *   Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans to meet your healthcare needs.
  *   Access to mental health resources and employee assistance programs for your peace of mind.
  *   Generous paid time off and leave options to balance your work and personal life.
  *   Participation in the Ohio Public Employees Retirement System (OPERS) and additional investment & savings plans.
  *   A variety of voluntary and supplemental insurance plans to complement your lifestyle.
View a comprehensive overview of our benefits: https://www.columbuslibrary.org/employee-benefits/
Apply Today!

https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=32cd786e-c6b9-4eee-afc2-3fdbcaeb90cb&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=510177&lang=en_US

Deborah Plummer | Talent Acquisition and Retention Manager
Columbus Metropolitan Library │Human Resources
96 S. Grant Ave │Columbus, OH 43215

614.849.1059 office
dplummer at columbuslibrary.org<mailto:dplummer at columbuslibrary.org> │ columbuslibrary.org<https://www.columbuslibrary.org/>
My pronouns are: she/her/hers