[OPLINLIST] Microfilm Digitization

Rachel Brock rachel at greenville-publiclibrary.org
Thu Jun 13 07:20:19 EDT 2024

We used Newspapers.com to digitize our newspapers. It was free, with the exception of shipping, and patrons/staff can access our digitized content on the library computers without a subscription to Newspapers.com.  We had concerns about sending it out too but everything left and came back fine.  If anyone wants the contact I can share that with you.

Have a great day!

Rachel

> On 06/12/2024 3:24 PM EDT Morgan Paul via OPLINLIST <oplinlist at lists.oplin.org> wrote:
>

> Hello,
>

> Our friends group would like our microfilm digitized.
>

> I would like it to be done with the Ohio Memory Project.
>

> If you didn’t choose Ohio Memory, why didn’t you choose this option?
>

> One concern is that some of our microfilm is the only copy and we don’t want to ship it out of the building.
>

> Thanks,
>

> Morgan

> Morgan Paul, Director
>

> St Marys Community Public Library
>
> 140 S Chestnut St
>
> St Marys, Ohio  45885
>

> smcpl.org http://stmarys.lib.oh.us/
>

> 419-394-7471
>

> _______________________________________________ OPLINLIST mailing list -- OPLINLIST at lists.oplin.org https://lists.oplin.org/mailman/listinfo/oplinlist ****** Patron privacy is an essential tenet in libraries. When they access a research database--ANY research database--why not make it safer for your library's patrons? OPLIN does this for you for *free.* Hit us up. https://www.oplin.ohio.gov/services/authentication******

Rachel Brock
Greenville Public Library
Genealogy & Historic Preservation Department