[OPLINTECH] vendor requiring NDA?

Chad Neeper cneeper at level9networks.com
Thu Jul 21 16:58:51 EDT 2022

I'm small-time, so probably a bit naive about this...but the first thing
that came to mind was...why? I'd expect that to perhaps be a requirement by
a client (the library, in this case) rather than a vendor. But not
necessarily the other way around.

But upon reflection, maybe they consider network security to be highly
essential...something it very well *should* be. Perhaps the vendor
regularly works with large (perhaps government) organizations and perhaps
they also frequently do pen testing, where NDAs are probably standard
practice. So they may consider an NDA as standard procedure to be a
positive selling point.

I can see multiple angles to that. Be interesting to know what their
reasoning is and how it evolved...

2 cents,

*Full IT/Computer consulting services -- Specialized in public libraries*