[OPLINTECH] Filtering

Chad Neeper cneeper at level9networks.com
Tue May 30 13:30:18 EDT 2023

All of the libraries I work with that have content filtering enabled use
Cisco Umbrella. We only configure filtering to the extent of being CIPA
compliant (to the best of our knowledge) and to block known malware sites.
ie. A light touch. Naturally, of course, no content filter is perfect (or
necessarily even great) and Cisco Umbrella is no exception. Anyone with a
modicum of computer/internet savviness will be able to bypass the filter.
That being said, however, I've been quite happy with Umbrella for many
years now and the staff that remember NOT having the filter in place
very much appreciate not being placed into as many awkward situations as
they formerly had been!

2 cents,

*Full IT/Computer consulting services -- Specialized in public libraries*