[oplinwebkits] Introducing the new Dynamic Website Kit Style Guide & the retirement of Kit & Caboodle

Laura Solomon laura at oplin.org
Tue Feb 26 10:49:50 EST 2013

Howdy all,

We have had some requests for a practical guide for users that would help make their sites better. OPLIN is happy to announce that we now have such a thing! It is a succinct guide to best practices, with associated resources and links. Topics currently include:

    * Protect your site from looking unprofessional
    * Graphics for the Web
    * Writing for the Web
    * Staff Directory
    * Website Kit Attachments
    * Accessibility
    * Prioritizing what goes on the front page
Y ou can see the guide at http://www.oplin.org/style . We will also be adding a direct link to each of the Website Kits (much like the direct link to documentation) over the next several weeks

This guide is also going to replace our triannual newsletter, Kit & Caboodle . Back issues will always be available at http://www.oplin.org/webkit . When the new style guide is updated, we will send out notifications via email.

Please let us know if you have any questions, or if there are any topics you think should be included in the guide. Thanks,

Laura

--

Laura Solomon, MCIW, MLS
Library Services Manager , Ohio Public Library Information Network (OPLIN)