[oplinwebkits] Suggestions for your website for closed libraries

Laura Solomon laura at oplin.ohio.gov
Tue Mar 17 12:33:06 EDT 2020

   1. *If you have hours anywhere on your website, please make sure they
   are changed to say "Closed until further notice" or something similar.*
   If your hours are in in the footer or sidebar of your site, please contact
   me directly to make those changes. However, don't forget that nearly every
   site also has a separate page for "Hours & Locations" or somesuch, that you
   will need to change as well.
   2. *If your site has the "Emergency Notice" content type feature, we
   suggest you use it,* since it creates a very visible red banner for
   patrons to see.
   3. *Be sure to either mark relevant events as "Canceled" or unpublish
   them *(unpublished events won't show up on any website calendar,
   including the "Upcoming Events" block).

If there's anything we can do to assist, please let us know. Stay healthy,

Laura
--
*Laura Solomon,  MCIW, MLS*
*Library Services Manager,* Ohio Public Library Information Network (OPLIN)