[oplinwebkits] Issues this morning with sites loading

Laura Solomon laura at oplin.ohio.gov
Wed Sep 20 16:19:03 EDT 2023

Hello again,

I know that this has been an ongoing issue today, and it's been kind of
ornery to pin it down, as it hasn't affected all sites at all times.
However, we've just been notified that there is a service outage in the
state's VPN tunnel to AWS, which in turn affects OPLIN services.  Here's
the info from Jessica, OPLIN's Technology Manager, for those wanting more
tech details:

*We're seeing higher than normal latency between OPLIN IPs and resources
hosted in AWS. This impacts OPLIN's resources hosted in AWS, including
Webkits, with sporadic slow responses or time outs. We'll let folks know
when we see it resolved.*

We'll keep you posted when we hear more. Many thanks for your patience!

Laura
--
*Laura Solomon,  MCIW, MLS *(She/her)
*Library Services Manager,* Ohio Public Library Information Network (OPLIN)