[SEO-Members] Reference material

Michele Raine MicheleRaine at wcdpl.org
Tue Jul 28 10:05:59 EDT 2020

Hi, Kelli,
I share your pain.  I have held onto some reference works until space needs
forced us to weed them.
Several years before I joined the staff most of the reference collection
was made into circulating items.  They languished on the shelves until lack
of use made us finally weed them.
The reference materials that do the best as circulating materials are in
the 200s.
Unless the reference materials are almost new, I haven't found any
university libraries willing to take them.
I am forcing our staff to keep American National Biography and the
Encyclopedia of Religion.
Best of luck!
Michele

On Tue, Jul 28, 2020 at 9:33 AM Kelli Foster <kfoster at seolibraries.org>
wrote:

> Hi.
>
> We sadly, are about to embark in dismantling most of our Reference
> Department...we have a large Reference Department for those who have never
> been in our Library.
>
> 1.) Did you find any Reference Books useful by making them Circulating?
> We have tons of Biography, Literature, Science and History Reference books
> 2.) Did you find any University Library or organization who would gladly
> take Reference titles?
>
> Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  This just kills the
> Librarian in me.
>
> thanks,
> Kelli

> Kelli J. Foster