[SEO-Members] [OPLINLIST] Laptop lending policies

Matthew Kinsey matt at guernseycountylibrary.org
Tue Dec 7 10:10:23 EST 2021

We have not, to date, lost any Chromebook kits, though I think once we did have to threaten enforcement action beyond loss of borrowing privileges. The nag screen seems to get results. We have lost a number of hotspots, but considering mobile service can be disabled and ported to a replacement device, I think that is more of a nuisance than a major problem.

Matthew Kinsey

IT Coordinator

Guernsey County District Public Library

---- On Tue, 07 Dec 2021 09:35:01 -0500 Penny Neubauer <pneubauer at acdl.info> wrote ----

Unfortunately, charging for the replacement of the device is, too often, not a deterrent to the return of diabled devices as simple as a hotspot. For those of you who have been circulating for a while. What is your loss rate?

Penny Neubauer | Director
Ashtabula County District Library
4335 Park Ave, Ashtabula, OH 44004
440.990.2322 (office)
http://www.acdl.info
Ashtabula Branch 440.997.9341 | Geneva Branch 440.466.4521
Gather, Read, Discover, Transform

ACDL: Creating Community, Changing Lives!