[SEO-Members] Delivery issues

Tracey Hayward tracey at canalfultonlibrary.org
Fri Jan 27 11:59:09 EST 2023

RE: Delivery issues

We are still having books arrive with edges of covers and corners dented.

Edges & corners damaged may be the way things are handled by the delivery
service.

Last week we had bags going out and we didn't have enough bins to put them
in. Our driver went and got empties and came in and filled them. He placed
a lot of bags in a bin so it was over the top and then placed 2 full bins
directly on top of the overflowing bags. I told him we have had damages to
books, DVD's etc. and told him that placing the bin on top of bags will
damage items. He said the damages didn't come from him, this was the first
time he did that. He then adjusted the bins.

We have had an increase in damaged cases. We have received audio items
without being protected with bubble wrap. We have had some arrive with
cardboard on the audio item-no bubble wrap. I had a canvas bag arrive with
items belonging to the sending library wrapped in bubble wrap and 3 of our
DVDs in the bag without any bubble wrap or rubber bands.

I have had a water damaged book come back that we can’t follow up/send back
to charge the patron (no previous user information and no inactive hold
showing on the record filled by our location)

Items coming back missing components such as DVD/book set or Audio CD/Book
set coming back without the book. (We have check in notes and stickers on
the items stating what should be included)

Receiving packages with labels on both sides of the mailer. I also had a
library tape our delivery label right next to the previous label rather
than taping over the previous label.

RE: Claims

I had Priority claims denied: 4 transit items that never arrived at the
intended location and a damaged CD. I’ve emailed regarding these claims and
whether I should resubmit these and haven’t heard anything. I did receive a
replacement copy for a damaged claim however it was the wrong format.
(Regular print instead of Large Print) I emailed regarding the wrong format and
haven’t heard anything.

Thanks. Have a great day,
--
Tracey Hayward