[SEO-Members] Reminder: Registration open for two Early Literacy 101 workshops! Youngstown 9/14, Zanesville 10/16

jdwyer at library.ohio.gov jdwyer at library.ohio.gov
Tue Sep 5 11:07:09 EDT 2023

Cross-posted. Please excuse duplication.

Registration is open for two Early Literacy 101 workshops<https://ohreadytoread.org/early-literacy-101> presented by Ohio Ready to Read<https://ohreadytoread.org/>.
Last call: registration for the workshop in Youngstown closes this Wednesday! Registration for Zanesville will be open until early October or until full.

Early Literacy 101 is a FREE workshop open to all Ohio public library workers. Register and attend the workshop of your choice:

  *   Register here<https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/EL101_PLYMC_0923> for Thursday, September 14 - Main Library, The Public Library of Youngstown and Mahoning County (northeast Ohio)
  *   Register here<https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/EL101_MCLS_1023> for Monday, October 16 - John McIntire Library, Muskingum County Library System, 220 North Fifth St., Zanesville (southeast Ohio)

Early Literacy 101 is for new and seasoned library workers in children's services and outreach. It's great for anyone who plans and presents storytimes, and for anyone who wants to learn how to help children get ready to read. Participants will learn how brain development impacts how young children learn, and will explore effective, research-based early literacy resources and activities.

Recent participants have said about Early Literacy 101:

  *   I loved how interactive it was, and the opportunity to apply our new (or refreshed) knowledge while we were here.
  *   This was a very informative workshop! You balanced sharing information with some fun activities and plenty of breaks to move around.
  *   Sessions like this dissolve some anxiety and fear that I hold around storytime. There is a lot of joy in the work and refocusing on the positive is helpful, especially when surrounded by folks who are joyful about the practice.

The workshop covers the Six Early Literacy Skills presented in the PLA/ALSC Every Child Ready to Read(r) 1st edition, and the Five Early Literacy Practices presented in the 2nd edition, along with other early literacy concepts and storytime tips. Learn more about Early Literacy 101<https://www.ohreadytoread.org/early-literacy-101>.

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D8C29D.ABF3DF50]
Janet Ingraham Dwyer (she/her)
Library Consultant
614-644-6910