[SOA] MAC President's Award

George Bain bain at ohio.edu
Mon Dec 18 14:34:10 EST 2006

Folks,
As the state representative for Ohio on the MAC President's Award
Committee, I write to ask for nominations for the 2007 award review. The
deadline for nominations is January 15, 2007. The form appeared in the
October 2006 issue of the MAC Newsletter, p. 9-10.

Here  is the criteria, as spelled out on the MAC web site
http://www.midwestarchives.org/presidentsaward.asp:
The MAC Presidents' Award was established in 1986 as a means for MAC to
recognize significant contributions to the archival profession by
individuals, institutions, and organizations not directly involved in
archival work but knowledgeable about its purpose and value. Recipients are
chosen by a committee comprising the three most recent past presidents of
MAC from nominations submitted by committees in each of the 12 states in
the MAC region. At the state level, nominations may be made by contacting
the state chair directly, or through solicitation of nominations by the
chair or members of the state committee. Each state committee may put
forward only one nomination per year. As many as three awards may be
presented each year. Recipients are invited to attend the members' meeting
held at MAC's annual meeting in the spring to receive their certificates.

I know it is getting late, but how about thinking of good nominees while
you munch fruit cake and sip egg nog during the season then give it the
ole' college try early in January? A flood of nominees from Ohio would be
greatly welcome! (Eve two would make me happy.) Thanks. Take care.
George

________
George W. Bain
Head, The Robert E. and Jean R. Mahn Center for Archives & Special Collections
Ohio University Libraries, Athens, OH 45701-2978
Tel. 740.593.2713                               Fax 740.593.0138
Email <bain at ohio.edu>