[OPLINLIST] Four More OPLIN Datababases--Register NOW

Terry Mullins, SOLO mullinte@oplin.org
Thu, 4 Nov 2004 16:42:56 -0500

Hi, all,

"I like the numerous examples which gave us hands-on training in each
database.  The paper packets were also very informative and helpful in
showing how to use the progrmas; they will also be very useful later."

"I was made aware of new resources to use in my everyday job performances --
ex. librarians tool kit, newsbank databases, etc.  These databases are
especially helpful at branch libraries."

"Sandi was a very good teacher who did not hesitate to help us if we did not
understand.  She was extremely helpful, friendly and knowledgeable."

Five out of five evaluations rated the program as EXCELLENT!

WHAT IS EVERYONE TALKING ABOUT????

SOLO, the State Library and other partners are sponsoring three workshops in
the SOLO region presenting four more OPLIN databases.  The tentative agenda
follows:

9:30 - 11:00 Access Science
11:15  - 12:45 Oxford Reference
1:30 - 3:00 Literature Databases
3:00 - 4:00 Newsbank

SOLO's trainer is Sandy Thompson, Director of the Puskarich Public Library
SOLO dates and links to the registration sites are below.  Check the State
Library website for sessions elsewhere in Ohio.

PLENTY OF SEATS ARE AVAILABLE AT BOTH SESSIONS:

Monday, Nov 8 --SOLO Learning Center, Caldwell --
http://cemall.solorls.org/events.cfm?ID=647

Thursday, Dec 2 -- SOLO Learning Center, Caldwell  --
http://cemall.solorls.org/events.cfm?ID=646

Additional locations can be found at:
http://www.slocem.lib.oh.us/default.asp?For=SLO

Reminder:  The training handouts for these databases will eventually be
available from the SLO website.  You may download them for use with
community training.

For additional information, contact:

Terry Mullins
Executive Director