[OPLINLIST] re: mystery program responses

Carolyn Cottrell ccottrell@mail.portsmouth.lib.oh.us
Tue, 28 Jun 2005 16:34:18 -0400

Hello Ohio Libraries:

I had previously posted requesting information on mystery programs. Several
of you emailed me wanting anything I had obtained.

One library bought their scripts from the website
http://www.merrimysteries.com/, but would like to write one of their own.
Another library has had someone write a history/murder program, and
provided helpful information regarding their success. One library suggested
it was easier to host the program as a game instead of a play, which was
also helpful.
In most cases, tickets were sold and an average of 35-45 people attended.
Scripts were sometimes hidden in the props, so memorizing wasn't necessary.
In some cases, prizes were provided, in other cases only door prizes. Food
was provided, and in some cases catered.

I want to thank the libraries that contacted me. All the information was
helpful. We are considering something from the website recommended to us,
but we may try writing something.

Thank you,

Carolyn Cottrell
Local History Supervisor