[OPLINLIST] Remarkable Ohio--Please Contribute!

Angela O'Neal aoneal at ohiohistory.org
Wed Jan 18 09:33:23 EST 2006

Once again I appeal to you for images of Ohio! Our latest project is Remarkable Ohio (www.remarkableohio.org), a site documenting the historical markers program in Ohio.  It is still in the prototype phase, and we are working on adding as many images as possible. We are asking the public to submit photographs of the actual markers, but we are trying to give context regarding the topic of the markers by using images from our collections. (To see some examples, go to advanced search and check the "Has Photos" box).

We could use your help! If you or your institution has photographs that relate to the topics of the historical markers, please consider adding them to the site. To find markers in your area, go to Browse/ By County and click on your county. To add photographs, go to the Participate section. You can create log-in and write your own descriptions (we encourage a call number, etc)., and all photos would say "Images courtesy of [your institution]." Copyrighted and/or objectionable photographs will not be posted on the site. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Angela

Angela O'Neal
Digital Projects Manager
Ohio Historical Society
1982 Velma Ave.
Columbus, OH 43211
(614) 297-2576

View our collections online:
African American Experience in Ohio (dbs.ohiohistory.org/africanam/)
Ohio Memory (www.ohiomemory.org)
Ohio Pix (www.ohiohistory.org/ohiopix)
Remarkable Ohio (www.remarkableohio.org
War Gardens in Ohio (www.ohiohistory.org/garden)