[OPLINLIST] Great Career Counseling Speakers Available

Jeff Regensburger jregensburger at worthingtonlibraries.org
Mon Jan 14 16:17:26 EST 2008

Over the past couple of years I've developed an effective programming relationship with The Ohio State University's Career Exploration Office. In that time they've put together a number of career guidance programs that our patrons really seem to appreciate.

Recently, their presenter explained that they were interested in developing more outreach opportunities and asked if I could provide some contacts in the library field for them. Since they've always provided great programs for me I told them I'd be more than happy to oblige.

So, if you think your patrons would benefit from the career counseling expertise of The OSU Career Exploration Office, let me know and I'll pass your contact info along to them. Examples of programs they've done for us in the past include: "Personal Branding", "Charting a Career Course", "Networking for Career and Business Success" (this is a good one to partner with your local chamber group on), "Interviewing for Success", and "Resumes that Get Noticed".

They work out of an office at OSU and they have a small staff, so I'm not sure how far afield they can go, but it never hurts to ask.

Let me know if you're interested and I'll pass your name along.

Jeff Regensburger
Lead Librarian
Northwest Library
2280 Hard Road