[OPLINLIST] Grossology Storytime Ideas for Preschoolers

Heidi L. Smith smithhe at oplin.org
Thu Jan 15 12:20:15 EST 2009

Hello All,

I'm planning a grossology program for my preschool storytime at the end
of February. I have a few books that I'm thinking of using. I'd also
like to have them make Gak or something along that line afterwards.
However, I'm experiencing "brain freeze" (figuratively and literally).
Whew, is it cold! I would be so grateful if any of you could forward
songs, fingerplays, books, crafts, and/or any other suggestions that
could be helpful with this theme. Here's some of the titles I've already
pulled.

1- "What Did You Put in Your Pocket?" by Beatrice Schenk de Regniers
2- "My Little Sister Ate 1 Hare" by Bill Grossman
3- "What's that Awful Smell?" by Heather Tekavec
4- "Don't Do That!" by Tony Ross

I'll also be glad to post a compilation of any ideas that I receive.

Thank you all in advance and stay warm.
Heidi L. Smith
Youth Services Librarian
Kaubisch Memorial Public Library