[OPLINLIST] YA Book Discussion Kits

virginia wright wrightvi at oplin.org
Wed Jan 21 09:47:23 EST 2009

A while back I requested information on YA book discussion kits.  Thank you
to everyone who responded.  It seems there are others interested in the same
thing, and I was asked to share the information I received with the list.
Here goes:

   - Franklin-Springboro Public Library has 14 sets of YA titles they call
   "school sets".  They are titles that have 14 - 20 copies, suitable for a YA
   discussion, but are not super-current and would probably appeal to younger
   teens.  Examples:  *Hoot, Freak the Mighty, The Lion, The Witch and the
   Wardrobe.*  For a complete list of titles, contact:  Anita Carroll,
   Library Director.  Ph (937) 746-2665; Email:  carrolan at oplin.org

   - Some of the books in the NEO-RLS book discussion circuit are YA.  The
   newest titles are not available for outside NEO use, but there are some on
   the older list.  You can find YA titles on the BookOhio list:
   http://www.neo-rls.org/viewspage.cfm?ID=31

   - The Piqua Public Library offers book discussion kits (just books, not
   discussion materials).  Contact Tess Graves for more information (books are
   sent over US Cargo).  Ph (937) 773-6753.

Hope this information is helpful.

Virginia Wright
Tuscarawas County Public Library