[OPLINLIST] Libraries that are using Voice over IP

Andrew Davis davisan at oplin.org
Mon Jun 8 10:39:27 EDT 2009

Good Morning,

I am interested in finding out if any libraries have decided to go with
a VOIP for their phone system.  If so, what company are you using or
looked at, features, etc?

My library currently has 1 line for fax, 1 line for our Fiscal Officer
and 1 line for library.  We have no extension, no voicemail, and 2
cordless phones that we have to run around to staff desks when they
receive a call.  In addition to this, we are paying more then what I
would like to pay, but we can't get rid of any of the lines.  So that is
why we are looking at the options of VOiP.

Please feel free to reply off-list, and thank you all in advance.
Andrew Carl Davis
Director
Grand Valley Public Library
Orwell, Oh 44076