[OPLINLIST] Save the Date! Plan join OHIONET for “RDA 4 Everyone” in Columbus on 7/10/14

Shelly Miller shellym at ohionet.org
Wed Apr 16 12:29:01 EDT 2014

*Please excuse cross-postings.*

RDA 4 Everyone is a day-long, multi-type conference centered on the
much-debated, long-awaited new cataloging standard, Resource Description
and Access.  And, guess what?  It’s not just about new MARC record fields.
And, it impacts more than just your materials-processing workflow.  RDA
represents a revolution in how libraries think about documenting AND
accessing the resources we provide for users--a big step toward a linked
data future!

On July 10th at the Holiday Inn-Worthington, our keynote speaker, Ted Fons
(Executive Director for Data Services and WorldCat Quality Management,
OCLC), will kick off our day with a discussion about the power and promise
of shared data, how we manage and share information about our collections,
and ways to make our resources more visible (and more accessible) to the
world.

Registration opens at 9 AM--stop by the table to pick up your badge then
choose from our “grab and go” breakfast selection of granola bars, fruit
and pastries.  Three sets of breakout sessions, and a buffet lunch, will
follow Ted’s keynote talk--a full day of learning and networking featuring
colleagues and experts from around the state***.  *CLICK
HERE*<http://www.ohionet.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=2452&qid=106061>for