[OPLINLIST] Community Wide WiFi Service

Chad Neeper cneeper at level9networks.com
Thu May 26 13:28:26 EDT 2016

For additional practical insight, you also might also consider trying to
find local cities/towns that have done this. If you already have a managed
wireless network, you probably have a vendor/service provider. You might be
able to contact them and see if they have any clients in your general
vicinity that have done similar community-wide projects. I'd think the
vendor might bend over backwards to put you in touch with that other
client, considering that the vendor potentially stands to make a fair bit
of money in the process!

(In an ideal world, I'd think that community-wide coverage would be best
considered a local government project. Having been alive for more than five
minutes however...a local library is probably more likely to succeed!)

2 cents,
Chad

*Chad Neeper*
Senior Systems Engineer

*Level 9 Networks*
740-548-8070 (voice)
866-214-6607 (fax)

*Full IT/Computer consulting services -- Specialized in libraries and
schools*