[OPLINLIST] New formats for CSLP summer program manuals

jdwyer at library.ohio.gov jdwyer at library.ohio.gov
Thu May 26 14:30:55 EDT 2016

Cross-posted to OPLINlist, Library Youth Services, and Small Libraries.  Please excuse duplication.

The Collaborative Summer Library Program will introduce new formats for its annual summer program manual, beginning with the 2017 manual which will ship in fall 2016.  CSLP anticipates making the manual available in these formats:
* USB flash drive
* DVD
* Online as a downloadable PDF

The paper manual will be printed in smaller quantities and made available for purchase through the CSLP/Upstart product catalog.

Historically, CSLP manuals are provided to Ohio public libraries at no cost to the libraries. This service has been supported in whole by Institute of Museum and Library Services LSTA funds granted through the State Library of Ohio.

The State Library will continue to use LSTA funds to purchase one manual for each library building/branch in Ohio (except for library systems that have requested fewer manuals because of centralized SRP planning or because they don't use CSLP themes).

Each library system may choose among USB, DVD, and online formats.  Please, only one format per system; you will have the option to purchase additional manuals in any format, including paper, from the CSLP/Upstart catalog.  To get your preferences, I will post a survey to OPLINlist, Library Youth Services, and Small Libraries lists when CSLP has finalized some details about the new formats, probably by mid-June.  There may be a short turnaround time on this survey, so please keep an eye out for it.  Libraries that don't respond to the survey will receive the USB format.

If you have any questions, I'll do my best to answer them.

There have been many requests for alternate manual formats, particularly online, so I hope this comes as welcome news to all.  Remember, you will be able to purchase paper manuals if you need them!

Sincerely,
Janet

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D1B759.58ED3CD0]
Janet Ingraham Dwyer
Library Consultant
274 E. 1st Avenue
Columbus, OH 43201
Tel: 614-644-6910
Fax: 614-466-3584
jdwyer at library.ohio.gov<mailto:jdwyer at library.ohio.gov>
http://library.ohio.gov<http://library.ohio.gov/>
http://library.ohio.gov/youth-services
[cid:image002.png at 01CE3601.569A19D0]<https://www.facebook.com/StateLibraryOhio>  [Description: Twitter logo - links to the State Library of Ohio's Twitter page] <http://twitter.com/statelibohio>   [Description: Blog logo - Links to the State Library of Ohio's blog] <http://library.ohio.gov/blog/>   [cid:image005.png at 01CE3601.569A19D0] <http://pinterest.com/stlibohio/>
Share Your Story<http://library.ohio.gov/state-librarian/share-your-story> by telling us how a State Library service or resource helped you or your library.