[OPLINLIST] Difficulties with Windows 10 and an older label printer

Chapin Longden chapin.longden at hmpl.info
Wed Jan 29 15:45:35 EST 2020

We recently upgraded our remaining Windows 7 computers to Windows 10 workstations, one of which was the computer we use for cataloging items and printing spine labels.  Our old, but not that old, Godex EZ-1200, which ran fine on Windows 7 is not being detected by Windows 10 when it is plugged in and as such cannot be detected when trying to install the device driver.

Has anyone run into this? Is there an easy fix? I'm pretty sure our fiscal officer might hang me outside by my big toes if I tell her we need a new label printer.

Chapin Longden,
Reference Librarian
Henderson Memorial Public Library
54 East Jefferson Street