[OPLINLIST] Difficulties with Windows 10 and an older label printer

Chad Neeper cneeper at level9networks.com
Wed Jan 29 16:35:06 EST 2020

I'm not specifically familiar with Godex printers myself, but with
non-mainstream printers like that, you'll almost certainly need to go to
the manufacturer and get printer drivers that are compatible with Windows
10. Ideally, you'll be able to find the manufacturer's website and they
will have the drivers readily available from there.

A quick Google search turns up the Godex website:
https://www.godexintl.com/

A quick look around tells me that you'll probably end up needing to contact
their Support; it doesn't look like the drivers for your model are readily
available via the website.

Definitely do *NOT* just try to download/use drivers that you find by just
Google-ing for your model of printer unless they are links directly to the
manufacturer's website. There are a lot of websites out there that claim to
have the driver you need..."just download this program to scan your
computer...". That's just begging for trouble; never do that. *Always* go
directly to the manufacturer for any sort of driver.

*Chad Neeper*
Senior Systems Engineer

*Level 9 Networks*
740-548-8070 (voice)
866-214-6607 (fax)

*Full IT/Computer consulting services -- Specialized in public libraries*