[OPLINTECH] Database usage stats

Don Yarman yarmando@oplin.org
Tue, 6 Apr 2004 14:04:01 -0400

The OPLIN Database Usage Reporting Tool (ODURT) has
suddenly developed problems.  Fortunately, the new version
is about ready for libraries to use.

We are still testing and tweaking the new ODURT, but
libraries are welcome to visit and get their database
usage statistics.  The address is http://new.oplin.org/odurt.
No password is required.

Some notes:

  ODURT now contains EBSCOhost stats.  These numbers include
  NoveList usage.  If your library subscribes to additional
  resources from EBSCO (such as Books In Print or Auto
  Repair Reference Center), that usage may also be reported
  here.  OPLIN will only be reporting totals; you can still
  use the EBSCO Admin tool to access more detailed numbers.

  We are working with all vendors to get stats reported to
  us in a format we can use.  By the end of the year, I would
  like to be reporting Britannica, AccessScience, Oxford
  Reference, and AMICO Library usage through ODURT.

  Literature On-Line usage is not being properly credited
  to particular libraries.  There are stats for this
  resource in ODURT, but they are not reliable.

  We have not yet received March numbers for eLibrary
  or NewsBank.

Please let me know if you have problems with the ODURT
utility.

            Regards,
                          Don Yarman
                          OPLIN Library Services Manager