[OPLINTECH] AOL and mass emailings survey

Don Yarman yarmando@oplin.org
Wed, 4 Feb 2004 14:57:11 -0500

Wes Osborn suggested:

> I'm wondering if we could approach AOL from a statewide
> or OPLIN standpoint and see if they are a little more
> receptive.

Possibly, but the issue is obviously bigger than
Ohio and bigger than AOL.  What changes can the ILS
vendors make so that electronic notices are
distinguishable from spam?  I can't accept that the
~only~ answer is for each individual client to create
a special filter rule to allow library messages through.
Babies, it seems, are being thrown out with bathwater.

            Regards,
                          Don Yarman
                          OPLIN Library Services Manager
                          yarmando@oplin.org