[OPLINTECH] Open Office

Lynne Welch welchly at oplin.org
Thu Mar 16 13:08:56 EST 2006

Steve's question reminds me that Glen Horton (from GCLC) wrote an article
in the State Library's Nov/Dec 2005 newsletter about Open Office. I thought
it sounded like a good solution for our public computers.

But when I downloaded a copy, following the instructions on the site
www.theopencd.org (which took forever, by the way - I don't recommend it
when you're trying to do other things!) - the file saved as a .ISO and
refused to open! I've tried it on Win2000, WinXP, and Win98 so far with no
luck. None of them know what program will open it, and it's apparently not
executable on its own.

Can anybody explain to me what I did wrong? The Installation Instructions
say to unpack - but how?

Thank you,
Lynne
Lynne Welch - Reference Librarian
Herrick Memorial Library - Wellington OH 44090
tel. 440-647-2120       fax 440-647-2103
email <welchly at oplin.org>
website: <wellington.lib.oh.us>