[OPLINTECH] Macs, PSPs and Wi-Fi

Chad Neeper (list) cneeper at level9networks.com
Tue Feb 5 15:30:34 EST 2008

It sounds like a DHCP issue is the heart of your problem. I'd suggest
focusing on that. From your description, I would guess that if you
manually assign an IP address (and gateway, dns, etc.) to one of the
non-working devices, it will work as expected. If this is true, then you
may have a compatibility problem with the way DHCP is implemented either
on the DHCP server or on the clients. Is it possibly you're running out
of available dynamic addresses? If so, maybe you can shorten the lease
time or increase the pool.

Chad

Chad Neeper
Senior Systems Engineer

Level 9 Networks

--   Full LAN/WAN consulting services   --
-- Specialized in libraries and schools --

--