[OPLINTECH] Scanners for public use

Eric Maynard emaynard at holmeslib.org
Tue Feb 19 15:26:38 EST 2008

Thanks to all of you replying to this topic.

I did want to mention that the unit I am researching (HP LaserJet 2840)
allows for emailing scans from the machine itself, but I think it
requires emails to be pre-configured using a web based control panel.

I see staff doing this per request and I don't see this as a problem if
demands for the service are light.  Too me it seems the most secure way
to allow for this type of service as it allows staff to erase email
addresses after a patron would use the scanner to email.

Any thoughts on this?

Eric