[OPLINTECH] Open Office Software

Shane Ian Hoffman shoffman at pickawaylib.org
Wed Jan 23 11:12:44 EST 2008

For $20 - that was the price when I looked several months ago at Tech Soup.
http://www.techsoup.org/ Most Public Libraries are eligible

They have an article on the true costs of free and low cost software:
http://www.techsoup.org/learningcenter/software/page7940.cfm

You can get it for about $60-$75 or so as all public libraries should
qualify for academic pricing from Microsoft.  If you order through CDWG or
someone, they should offer you that pricing.  If you're buying off the shelf
at Best Buy, you'll pay full retail.