[OPLINTECH] Open Office Software

Ed Liddle eliddle at marysvillelib.org
Wed Jan 23 11:51:18 EST 2008

We have MS office and open office on our public computers. I have not
heard of any open office specific questions, but have heard several
microsoft office questions. This could be that open office is easier to
use or no one is using open office... I have not looked into it. I do
not know how familiar our patrons are with any office suite. I have
noticed that most patrons seem to use the internet. I do see a few using
an office application. For adult programs we offer some classes using
microsoft office we do not offer any for open office. We do recommend
open office for patrons to use at home if they are looking for a free
office suite. I have not had many patrons ask where they can buy
microsoft office, but have had some ask if they could get it from the
library to install on their home computer. Also with Tech Soup I believe
you are limited to 50 office licenses.

-Ed