[OPLINTECH] Using Public Browser for Library Catalogs

Mike Hensel henselmi at oplin.org
Tue Mar 4 16:31:50 EST 2008

OPLIN Libraries:

We  have been using the free version (v.1) of Public Browser for our public
catalogs.  The old version is now causing problems with our newly updated
automation system so I'm thinking it's time to either upgrade to version 2
for $125 a year or move to a different product.  I would really like to use
a "free" product so with that in mind are then any suggestions.  We
basically want to keep users locked in to our web based catalog (Polaris
3.3).  We already use group policy to lock the computers down and alter IE7,
but I don't know if I can use GP to do what Public Browser did.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike Hensel

Communications/Marketing Manager