[OPLINTECH] Using Public Browser for Library Catalogs

Chad Neeper (list) cneeper at level9networks.com
Wed Mar 5 05:32:12 EST 2008

Would the kiosk mode of your favorite browser be of any use to you?
"iexplore -k www.yourcatalog.com" would start up IE in kiosk mode and
launch your catalog. If your catalog doesn't contain any external links,
this would keep the user at your catalog. A major down-side, though, is
that, being a kiosk mode, it takes over full screen and doesn't allow
for easy switching to other programs if the computer is multi-use.

Chad

Chad Neeper
Senior Systems Engineer

Level 9 Networks

--   Full LAN/WAN consulting services   --
-- Specialized in libraries and schools --