[OPLINTECH] Using Public Browser for Library Catalogs

David Popeck dpopeck at lkwdpl.org
Wed Mar 5 09:05:41 EST 2008

Soon I will set up a box for access only to a Scholastic site. I am
going to use group policy and Firefox. Try searching for the r-kiosk
extension. Set the built-in proxy to whatever sites you want then add
the extension. After you get the browser set up, just lock down with
group policy. We also use Deep Freeze (feel free to use Steady State).

On 3/5/08, Mann, James H. <JMann at gcpl.lib.oh.us> wrote:

> Here's an interesting weekend project. The idea is to replace PWB with
> Firefox. To be honest I've started this a couple times but never finished.
>

> http://librarytechtonics.info/bits/541/hacking-firefox-at-my-library-instructions-stuff/
>

> Jim Mann
>
> Technology Coordinator
>
> Greene County Public Library
>
> Xenia Ohio 45385
>
> (937)352-4000 x1210
>
> mailto: jmann at gcpl.lib.oh.us
>
> Humor is always based on a modicum of truth Have you ever heard a joke about
> a father-in-law? -- Dick Clark

David Popeck
Lakewood Public Library
Electronic Services, Supervisor