[OPLINTECH] Network Topology Software

Chad Neeper cneeper at level9networks.com
Wed May 14 23:11:18 EDT 2008

Check out Dia. Haven't tried it myself, yet, but it looks very promising.

http://live.gnome.org/Dia

"Dia is roughly inspired by the commercial Windows program 'Visio',
though more geared towards informal diagrams for casual use. It can be
used to draw many different kinds of diagrams. It currently has special
objects to help draw entity relationship diagrams, UML diagrams,
flowcharts, network diagrams, and many other diagrams. It is also
possible to add support for new shapes by writing simple XML files,
using a subset of SVG to draw the shape.

It can load and save diagrams to a custom XML format (gzipped by
default, to save space), can export diagrams to a number of formats,
including EPS, SVG, XFIG, WMF and PNG, and can print diagrams (including
ones that span multiple pages)." - Dia website

Chad

Chad Neeper
Senior Systems Engineer

Level 9 Networks

--   Full LAN/WAN consulting services   --
-- Specialized in libraries and schools --