[OPLINTECH] New release for openSUSE Education

Mann, James H. JMann at gcpl.lib.oh.us
Fri Dec 11 09:46:46 EST 2009

Sorry for doing this in pieces but had other things on my plate Thursday.
The PCManagement software is called "PreBooK"
http://userful.com/products/pre-book
You couple this with PaperCut:
http://www.papercut.com/

And you get a pretty fair duplication of an Envisionware system.

Neither of these products is free, and with PreBook the price delta to Envisionware is pretty close.

Last year we ran a demo with Groovix, PreBook and PaperCut and got a pretty fair system and we could reserve a computer, surf the net and print without a lot of visual differences in the procedure.

Once again I need to stress that this package isn't a free solution but it does have the advantage of being stable and well supported.

Jim Mann
Technology Coordinator
Greene County Public Library
76 E. Market St.