[OPLINTECH] Experiences with TechSoup

Mike Hensel henselmi at oplin.org
Mon Dec 14 15:26:30 EST 2009

We use Tech Soup for software especially for Microsoft products. You can get
Office and any OS including Windows 7 for around $9 to $20 bucks a license.
It is insanely cheap.  It's also a great place to get QuickBooks and
Symantec products.   Occasionally they will also offer Adobe products to
libraries which allows our PR department to get the latest version at
astounding prices.  In my book, every library should be getting their stuff
from this place.  It saves a bundle.

As a public library, you do not need to have a 501 C (3) status to use Tech
Soup.  You use your FSCS ID instead.

Mike Hensel

Youth Services Librarian

London Public Library