[OPLINTECH] The continuing Gateway WOL Saga!

Dan Will willda at oplin.org
Wed Nov 4 14:48:19 EST 2009

Hi all,

     By now you've all heard of my struggles with Gateway/MPC computers and
Wake On LAN. Well I have a new chapter to add.

After installing Win7 on the newer Gateways, I found that they would no
longer wake. It seems that Microsoft's NIC driver (which was installed
during the install process) does not provide the wake on LAN ability for the
Intel on the board nics. I had to go to Intel and download the latest
drivers from them. I'm happy to report that all pcs can now wake on LAN.

  I'm hoping that this is the last trouble I'll have with Win7 & WOL but,
I'm not going to hold my breath. lol

Dan Will

Technology Supervisor

Meigs County District Public Library

 <mailto:willda at oplin.org> willda at oplin.org

740.992.5813

740.992.6140 (fax)

MCDPL

The difference between fiction and reality?

Fiction has to make sense.

Tom Clancy