[OPLINTECH] Ohio unemployment site printout

Daniel Nixon nixonrd at oplin.org
Thu Nov 5 15:54:34 EST 2009

Posted this issue to the general OPLINlist. Repeating here. Have sent
the following problem/query to the Ohio Department of Jobs and
Family Services. Hope to hear a reply before next spring ;).

It's been an ongoing issue here and it finally dawned on me to see if
others have the same condition.

Some of our patrons on unemployment are tying to print an ODJFS online
list of their payments to present to various charitable organizations.
These organizations are asking for this as proof that these people are
on unemployment before they assist them.

Whether that's any of the charities' business or not is not for me to
say, but here's what happens. The attempt to print locks up our patron
internet computers something awful (WindowsXP, IE 7, using Microsoft
Shared Computer Tool).

At the footer of this list of payments onscreen, ODJFS makes a point of
saying this information is not to be printed. Sooooo, I'm asking the
department "are you guys running some kind of script to thwart
printing?". And I'm asking the list if any of this sounds familiar?

It's a hard thing to reproduce unless you have an Ohio unemployment
account where you log into and generate a list of unemployment checks
paid to you. On the other hand, maybe that's not too unrealistic in
libraryland.

Thank you,

Dan Nixon
Wilmington Public Library of Clinton County