[OPLINTECH] Cymphonix network composer

Bob Neeper neeperro at oplin.org
Fri Oct 9 09:10:05 EDT 2009

Others can answer in depth on this but probably somewhere there will be
information on dynamic leases, fixed leases, lease expiration, etc.

IE: our IPCop has a DHCP Server.
It can do a fixed lease based on the MAC address or dynamic leases with
an expiration date.

You might find a way to shorten the expiration date.

Our wireless laptops first hit ZoneCD.
It has it's own DHCP Server and hands out 10.10.10.xxx IP's
Every morning it auto reboots, so we never have a lease problem.
It's been chugging along for years now.

It should be fairly easy to set this up with an old pc with a cd drive
and 2 NIC's.
It only uses 1 IP on your main network and provide more isolation.
Ours is a virtual PC so only needs the NIC's.

R. W. (Bob) Neeper     Cell: (740)-407-3572
Community Library
44 Burrer Dr.
Sunbury, Oh 43074
Tel:  (740)-965-3901