[OPLINTECH] Purchasing new PCs

Bob Neeper neeperro at oplin.org
Wed Feb 3 16:39:36 EST 2010

I go with Chad on the processors and boards (he supplies ours).

But at least some of our patrons PC's do and will have burners for
various reasons.

USB's are good but can become corrupt.
(Actually I don't trust anything for ever and like multiple copies on
different media)

It's easier for staff and cheaper for the library to burn a cd or even a
dvd for a patron if we need to.
We keep a bunch of CD's and DVD's and sell for $1, but gimme's  many times.
Also a few USB stick to sell for $10 (No gimme's for them)

The extra drives also gives me someplace to make liveDVD's or various
backups
Only a few staff PC's have burners.

And in case you're too young:
a gimme is like when you could go to a lumber yard or hardware store and
say 'gimme a hat' or 'gimme a nail apron'.

You probably still can but you get a 'gimme $5' back at you.

Bob

R. W. (Bob) Neeper     Cell: (740)-407-3572
Community Library
44 Burrer Dr.
Sunbury, Oh 43074
Tel:  (740)-965-3901