[OPLINTECH] GCPL: Color printer recommendation

millerst@oplin.org millerst at oplin.org
Wed Jan 27 12:17:45 EST 2010

Jim,

We currently have ancient HP LaserJet workhorses (8+ years old) that are
going strong.

To err on the side of caution (read: to replace oldest equipment with
Gates money), we're planning to replace them with Kyocera printers.  I
have a trusted vendor who feels that these are the new workhorses.  He
also agreed with us that the newer HPs have been cheapened... one gets
what one pays for.

We had given the vendor three specs:  1) must print in color, 2) must last
forever with a person literally standing on it, 3) must have reasonbly
low-priced / long-lasting consumables.  He came back with the Kyocera's.

For what its worth,
Steve

--
Steve Miller, Technology Coordinator