[OPLINTECH] Phone system

Greg Syferd GSyferd at columbuslibrary.org
Wed Jan 9 19:41:48 EST 2013

Hi Tim-

We recently just complete an RFP process for a new phone system.  We received bids from several manufacturers and companies.  We also received bids for on premise and hosted systems.  Way too much detail to provide here, but I'd be happy to answer any questions you have off line.  Avaya is still a big player, but you'll also receive bids from Shoretel, Mitel, and Cisco…all of who'm are pretty aggressively pricing against each other anymore.

We plan to move to a VoIP solution, and in fact most bids you'll receive will be VoIP solutions.  If you file for eRate, be sure to look at both on premise and hosted since our consultants have told us that hosted solutions are favorably considered for eRate.

Let me know if you'd like to speak further!!!

Greg.
Greg Syferd
Systems Administration Manager
Columbus Metropolitan Library
Twitter: @gsyferd | gTalk: gsyferd | 614.479.3037

(I usually check every email twice a day and try to respond in 24-48 hours.)

On Jan 9, 2013, at 2:42 PM, Tim Donaldson <Tim.Donaldson at westlakelibrary.org<mailto:Tim.Donaldson at westlakelibrary.org>>