[OPLINTECH] Silverlight or not

Kevin Jones kjones at coshoctonlibrary.org
Wed Jun 12 14:36:09 EDT 2013

I recently had an individual request Silverlight be installed to view a
particular website.  I did a little research and was reading several
articles about people having issues with Silverlight causing the computer
to freeze.  I have installed and maintain software that the majority of
people need to use.  It has always been my policy to not install any
software that is requested by individuals.  I think the core programs that
I have installed make for a stable computer which also makes updates more
manageable.  What I don't want to do is install something for one person
that makes the computer unstable for the other 99.8% of the patrons.

So what do you think, should I cave in and start installing software that
is requested by individuals or not?